GREETINGS FROM WISCONSIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You may have noticed that I've been updating this a lot more lately. I decided that since we've moved so far away that I should do everything I can to keep all of you at home involved in our day to day life. (And we bought a new camera, so we are taking tons of pics, and now they are easier to upload!)
We are finding lots of things in Wisconsin to keep us busy. Our leaves have fallen, or are starting to fall, and Abi loves to play in them while Nic is trying to rescue our house and driveway from them. They end up "playing" in the leaves at least once a week!
Abi and I went to a MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting today. As far as I can tell, we both had a blast! I really enjoyed the chance to meet some new mommies, and the opportunity for socialization for Abi too. This time we talked about sibling rivalry, which doesn't really apply to me, but the subject changes every meeting, which is every other week. On the off weeks, they have a play group that meets at the church, which was next on my list of things to find, so now I crossed off two things at once!
I talked to one mom, who told me about winter last year and how she and her kids had MAJOR cabin fever. She said besides MOPs and the playgroup, that really the only other place to play is at McDonalds. MCDONALDS???? Nic and I made it our goal for the day to find a better place for me and Abi to hang out...and we did!! One of the things that WI Dells is famous for is indoor waterparks. Almost all the big resorts in town have one, including The Wilderness, which is where Wyndham is located. Employees get to use the facilities for free, we only have to go pick up a wristband, which we did today and we had a great time!
Check out the resort here: http://www.glaciercanyonlodge.com/ . There's even a live webcam in one of the waterparks. Maybe one of these days I'll tell someone when we are going and you can watch for us! There's tons of indoor activities at the resort for me and Abi to check out when we need to get out of the house. There's a GIGANTIC playground, with a separate area for toddlers, an arcade and 3 (yes 3!!!!) indoor waterparks. All we have to do is send Nic in for a wristband and 2 minutes later we are good to go! Hopefully the snow isn't TOO bad, so I'll be brave enough to go. Otherwise, we'll have to wait for Nic to be off to drive us over. I've heard that they plow the roads pretty fast, so we'll only be snowed in on the days it actually snows. That doesn't sound tooooo bad, right? 



Here are a few pictures that give you an idea of what the waterparks look like.
This park is great for kids! It has a HUGE bucket at the top of the play area that holds 1000 gallons of water and dumps every few minutes. This is the before: 
This is the after: 
Thursday, November 06, 2008
Posted by Kristen at 6:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment