So, today, Abi and I went to an easter egg hunt, aka parental torture. Why, you ask? Abi acted like today was her first time out in public...ever. They had a clown/comedian do a show before the hunt, which was cute, I assume, because I spent most of the show in the vestibule with Abi playing with a gentleman she decided was her surrogate grandpa. He was so nice, playing peekaboo with her, and swinging her around, and carrying her around. She decided he was her new favorite person. Don't get jealous, though, Nana and Pop and Bebe and Papaw, I'm sure she's already forgotten him in eager anticipation of our trip to AR next month.
Then the torture really started, for both of us this time. They sent us outside to get ready for the egg hunt, where we lined up in full view of all the eggs spread out on the lawn and proceeded to...wait....and wait....and wait some more. At which point Abi became the stereo typical temper tantrum-throwing, red-headed two year old. She screamed for probably 5 minutes while we waited for either additional helpers or additional parents with a full lawn of eggs just out of reach. As soon as they started, I grabbed her and ran toward the farthest marker so that she could grab her eggs without interferance from the masses of 1-4 year olds beside us.
She knew just what to do too, which was amazing considering that she's never done an egg hunt. Luckily I had grabbed a walmart sack on my way out the door, because she filled her little basket quickly. I dumped it once without any opposition from the "boss", when it needed to be emptied the second time I got a look that said "what do you think you are doing with MY eggs?" and the third time? FORGET IT! She knew I was stealing her eggs at that point and to get that basket I would have had to cut off her arm first. That was fine though, because the eggs were pretty much gone by then.
They asked us to empty the eggs and return them (apparently they recycle the eggs for next year) so Abi and I found a seat on the grass and emptied her candy out of her eggs. Then I had a new distraction...and a new problem. I gave her a few bites of a tootsie roll, when a kind church member offered to take our picture, and she would NOT be still. I'm not even going to put up one of those pics. The same church member fell for her pleas of "can-nee, can-nee" and gave her the most ginormous piece of candy from her basket - a nestle egg about the size of a lego. Which Abi promptly shoved into her mouth and since the candy was so big she couldn't close her mouth to chew and drooled chocolate brown slobber all over her white easter shirt.
When it was time to go, I, of course, took the candy away to put far from little fingers in the front seat, and Abi, of course, proceeded to scream her head off like her mommy was secretly beating her inside the car. I wiped her down, popped a paci in her wide open screaming mouth, and we headed for walmart, where she nearly passed out in the cart. She managed to wait til we got home though, when we BOTH took a nice long nap.
Grabbing her eggs:


Wondering why she can't cross that orange line to go get some more eggs since the ones in her area were all gone???
Her candy mouth picture. Hee hee. Notice that in half of these she is running away from me. She DID NOT want me messing with her haul!
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Posted by Kristen at 3:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment